Veins on a young child can be difficult to find and each miss usually results in louder and louder crying.
And it’s not just children that make venipuncture particularly challenging. Finding a vein can also be difficult on patients who are:
In fact, viewing a suitable vein can be a challenge on just about any patient. But it doesn’t have to be that way anymore – please keep watching to learn why.
You see, AIMVEIN uses cutting-edge infrared technology to provide personnel with a detailed vein map. Now you can easily locate the best vein and hit it on the first stick.
The best part is the pressure on employees decreases dramatically and patient satisfaction skyrockets.
AIMVEIN is handheld and lightweight, weighing only 280g. It comes with a base and enhancer. When in use, the device will project a subcutaneous vein image onto the surface of the skin.
The device includes a power button, a sleep button, a charging indicator, a power indicator and an imaging mode switch button.
The medical grade design allows the device to be easily wiped clean between patients and then stored in the base for the next use.
1. Turn on the instrument
a. Press and release the power button, the instrument will start.
b. After the instrument starts up, power indicator lights up. According to the power quantity, the light shows two colors: white or blue. White represents high power, blue stands for low power.
c. Please make sure that the power indicator is normal and power is full while the instrument is in use. A power indicator displaying blue means the instrument needs to be recharged. When the instrument is charging, the charging indicator will flash white. If it is fully charged, the indicator light will be a steady white.
Please proceed to the next session to learn how to operate Vein finder.
2. How to Operate Vein finder
a. Height adjustment: Rotate high lever knob in order to stretch base rod, the base rod can be elongated to the highest position. Then, rotate high lever knob in the other direction to lock. Rotate fine-tuning knob to fine-tune the base rod.
b. Distance measurement: Pull the antenna out to maximum; make the antenna perpendicular to the surface of the skin and let the antenna head contact the surface of the skin. You can now observe the square image projected onto the surface of the skin. The grain of the image corresponds with the subcutaneous vein grain. Medical staff can then choose the appropriate target vein to complete the venipuncture.
c. Imaging mode switch: Insert the needle into the hole of the projection window, press imaging mode switch button, image can be switched to blue-white, red-green or red-white imaging mode.
d. Image brightness adjustment: Touch image brightness adjustment button to adjust image brightness.” “means brightness enhancement," "means brightness reduction.”
e. Sleep: The instrument starts sleep mode when the sleep button is touched. In this mode, the image is turned off and the instrument saves electricity. If you touch the sleep button again, the image will restore.
f. Enhancer: Rotate knob to view the projection image more clearly.
Next, we’ll discuss how to shut down Vein finder.
3. How to Shut Down Vein finder
After using, press the power button to turn off the instrument. When off, the power indicator light will be extinguished.
Wondering about the different ways you can use Vein finder, we will cover those in the next section.
4. How to use Vein finder
a. Clinical use: Two methods for clinical use are recommended. The first method is that medical staff begins venipuncture directly while using the instrument. The second one is to draw lines along the projection image of targeted veins with a medical skin marker. This technique is convenient for venipuncture after device shutdown.
b. Sunlight or indicator light illumination: While you are using the instrument, please do not allow direct sunlight onto the surface of the skin that is being viewed as this can result in an incomplete image. You may also need to adjust indoor illumination to get a better display of the area’s veins.
1. In order to accurately examine a vein, make sure the product is held at the proper height and angle. Also, try to keep the product located in the center of the target vein.
2. Don’t look straight at the light source when it is turned on.
3. Because this is a piece of electronic equipment it could experience outside interference from an electromagnetic signal. Please stay away from other equipment when using.
4. It is suggested that the instrument not be used when it needs to be charged.
5. This instrument is not waterproof and should be kept away from any liquid.
6. Please do not open, disassemble or repair the instrument by yourself.
7. If the product is not going to be used for a long period of time, please charge it fully, clean it and then store it in a dry, shady and cool place – preferably in the original packaging materials. Please avoid putting the product upside down and under heavy items when storing.
8. This product contains lithium polymer batteries, as a result burning this product is strictly prohibited. Don't discard at will, contact the manufacturer for recycling information.
1. Clean before each use.
2. Device is not waterproof. Keep it away from water and don’t operate with wet hands.
b. Please do not use ultraviolet irradiation or high temperature for disinfection.
c. Do not attempt to charge the device while it is in use.
d. To disinfect, clean with a cloth that was wetted, had soap and medicinal alcohol applied to it and then was twisted dry.
Store in a cool, dry, dark place where the temperature is between 5℃ to 40℃ and relative humidity does not exceed 80%.